This past week, I showed you Pam’s Welcome Home card with its beautiful hills and tiny, little houses – see it here. When I shared it, I promised you I’d show you the fun and easy technique for adding a quick landscape to your card. Have I ever lied to you? Today, I’m going to show you her technique. I’m also going to share some new Stampin’ Up! promotions. You don’t want to miss any of this.
Quick and Easy Hills
Pam tells me she learned this technique in one of the first workshops she ever attended – she made snowy hills with a tiny snowman stamp set. I remember seeing the technique about that same time but with a different snowman set. Here’s the step by step:
- Start with a piece of white cardstock. In this example, I use a 3-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Begin to snip along one of the vertical sides. I started my hill about 2/3 of the way up the side.
- Snip a wavy hill. No need to add too many hills. One hill and one valley will work nicely.
- Here’s what you are left with: two pieces.
- Flip the pieces around – you’re going to have to flip one over and invert it. Play around with the shapes to see how you can best present them as two hills.
- Once you are happy with the combination of hills, you want to sponge some color onto the edges (not shown here) and then recombine the hills on another piece of cardstock. I used another piece of 3-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ Whisper White cardstock. You may have to snip along the bottom of the piece when everything is inked and adhered.
Could it be any easier? It’s kinda fun to play with.
Grab your Greetings. Today is the last day of the Grab your Greetings Promotion (25% off three sentiment sets): Petite Pairs (you have to have this one!), Sassy Salutations and Sweet Essentials. Why have you put it off this long?
Stampin’ Up! Washi Class. Are you washed away by the washi tape craze? I have to admit, I didn’t understand what all the fuss was about until I tried it for myself. You can see my project here. Now, I can’t wait to use it again. Stampin’ Up! wants to help. AIn’t that so sweet!? This past week, Stampin’ Up! revealed a new online class that includes helpful tips and tricks and ideas for using washi tape. Whether you’re a pro with washi tape or a newbie like me, this class has it all. You can also buy a washi bundle which gives you the online training plus washi tape in the current catalog PLUS washi tape from the upcoming Holiday Catalog. Wowzers! Click on the flyer below for more information:
Individual Markers for Sale. Big news! With the introduction of all these new colors, markers were originally only offered in certain bundles. Stampin’ Up! listens, though, and is offering individual markers for a limited time. Update your markers today to take advantage of these individual markers.
One-for-One Swap. Have you sent in your swap card for this month’s one-for-one swap? Time is ticking, so focus. I don’t want you to miss out on this wonderful card swap. Click the picture below for more information:
The cards have been coming in, and they are beautiful. You don’t want to miss out!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!